People see different things in their dreams, all with different meanings. Many a time, people will dream about celestial bodies especially the moon. Some people will see the crescent moon, others the half moon, and some the full moon, with every variation saying something about the dreamer’s life and destiny.
Today we focus on the full moon dream meaning but we will also tell you what other shapes of the moon mean. Stay tuned!
Table of Contents
- The Different Meanings of Full Moon Dream
- Your Actions in the Dream
- Other Ways to Experience the Moon in Dreams
- The Takeaway
The Different Meanings of Full Moon Dream
- For the most part, a dream about a full moon signifies success. It simply implies that everything will go well in your life, especially in love matters.
- But what surrounds the moon is also something to think about. If the moon is surrounded by a bright sky or by twinkling stars, that’s when it signifies happiness. It shows you will not have quarrels in your relationship.
- The story is, however, different when the moon is surrounded by heavy clouds. In this case, it indicates that your relationship is going south.
- Some people also claim that a full moon in a dream symbolizes the changes that happen in one’s life. It signifies the end of a cycle or a transition period. In ancient myths, a wolf used to appear during the full moon and it was believed to symbolize the dark side of a person’s life.
- On rare occasions, people have claimed to see two full moons in their dreams, which indicates opposing forces. If you have this dream, it means that there are two gravitational forces in your life pulling you from side to side. These forces may throw you out of balance in matters related to love, moods, and relationships, and you need to figure out what situations in your life are causing these forces.
While there are many interpretations of a full moon dream, it all depends on the exact things you saw; it’s the small elements that matter.
Your Actions in the Dream
What you were doing in the dream could also determine its meaning. For instance:
- Were you flying toward the moon? This could mean you are trying to run away from certain responsibilities.
- Were you able to reach the moon and touch it? It could mean you are aiming at a high goal and won’t stop until it is accomplished.
- Were you just basking and enjoying the moonlight? This could indicate that you aren’t seeing things clearly or that you have an imaginary romantic life you have painted in your head that really doesn’t match reality.
- Did you see the moon explode in the dream? It could mean that you are trying to do something impractical. Sometimes it may also indicate your feelings about loss or certain changes.
Was the moon destroyed in the dream? If your dream was about a massive comet or asteroid colliding with the full moon, it signifies that there is a lot of chaos in your current life and it’s getting difficult for you to get anything under control. You are not sure what choices to make and it’s driving you to a point of total self-destruction.
Other Ways to Experience the Moon in Dreams
1. Lunar Eclipse
A lunar eclipse in a dream is usually a symbol of health. It may signify that you or your loved ones have health complications. If you have such a dream, try to pay more attention to your health – how you eat, how much you work out, and such things that keep you in good shape.
However, this dream could also be a sign that there are various changes in your life that are putting your career in danger.
2. Red Moon
Dreaming about the red moon is a symbol of accident or misfortune. Evil thoughts are torturing you and everything you do makes you feel like something bad is about to happen.
When the moon is extremely red, it could be a sign that you are about to do something foolish. Think about your life right now and the things you are planning to do and let your instincts guide you in to what’s wrong and what’s right.
Some people call the red moon “blood moon” and they associate it with a woman’s menstrual cycle. Blood moon can also indicate that the outcome of a certain situation is unknown.
3. Moon and Sun
If you see both the moon and the sun in a dream and the two appear to be friendly, it means you are able to balance the different areas of your life. You are able to strike a good balance between your inner and outer self.
On the other hand, if the moon and sun seem to conflict, it indicates that you are struggling with something in your life. So much is going on in your life, making it difficult for you to find a stable path or ground to step on.
If the latter is the case, look for something to do that relaxes you and helps you achieve balance. Organize your priorities and focus your mindset on positivity. Importantly, don’t try to control everything. Only control things that are within your reach.
4. Crescent Moon
The Crescent moon in a dream symbolizes good luck. It signifies that a new phase or chapter is about to start in your life, either in your social, career, or personal life. If you have been wishing for something significant to happen, it’ll soon come to be. It could be an increase in sales, a long-awaited promotion, a marriage proposal, or a dream vacation.
The dream also indicates changes or adaptations that are about to come your way. It tells you that you need to start learning how to adjust to unfamiliar surroundings.
In an ever-changing world, it’s important to know how to adapt to various situations. The dream means that you should be able to change your approach toward things when faced with different circumstances.
5. Falling or Rising Moon
Dreaming about a moon rising above the horizon has a close relationship with a dream about the crescent moon. It signifies change. You could be promoted at work in the near future or rise to a more elevated social status where you will be more famous and respected.
Conversely, when you see the moon falling, it’s a symbol of a period of challenges that’s yet to come. It can be a decrease in wealth, fame, reputation, and everything else that gives you a higher social status.
6. New Moon
A new moon signifies a new beginning. It brings new energy meant for growth and development. This could be the best time to begin something new. It could be a new project, a new relationship, or a new job. The energy of the new moon will encourage you to increase your determination and double your efforts.
During this time, plant seeds for your new projects and work hard to get fruitful results. The new moon seems quite favorable to new starts. And what you start now could bear substantial results in the near future.
7. Moon Fading
If you see the moon fading in a dream, it is a symbol that something will fall apart or come to an end. It could signify separation from friends, an end of a relationship, or other similar family problems. Do not give up. Try to figure out what is likely to cause the problem and deal with it as soon as possible.
8. Reflection of Moon in Water
Some people see a reflection of the moon in the water in their dreams. It’s a beautiful sight that inspires hope and happiness. If you have this dream, it shows that you are at a point in life where you are extremely happy. Cherish this moment, as it may not be around for too long.
9. Halo Around the Moon
Technically, a halo around the moon shows it’s going to rain or snow in the near future. So, seeing the moon halo in a dream indicates that the upcoming days will be tough. However, just like the rain or snow that stops, these obstacles will go away soon.
10. Orange Moon
Dreaming about an orange moon is a sign of danger. It could mean that something terrible is going to happen to a friend or family member. Consider this a warning and be extra careful, as things may get pretty bad.
11. More Than Two Moons
Some people may see three moons; others may see multiple. Three moons symbolize a triangle. They show the changes you are about to go throughout your life. It indicates when what you are currently going through will start or end.
More than three moons, on the other hand, signify energy. They show that you are currently being pulled to different sides by many different forces.
Seeing a full moon in your dream mostly signifies success and happiness. But generally, dreams about the moon indicate the different places one could be in life. Knowing what the various moon variants mean in a dream can help you figure out what’s going on in your life and find solutions to problems before they even happen.